Side Crow Pose
1. Come into a squat then take a prayer twist pressing the elbow against the opposite leg and palms together.
2. Place the palms down on the ground keeping the wrist shoulder width apart spreading the fingers wide against the ground, stack the elbows over the wrists so that the forearms are vertical, and place the outer thigh and hip on the upper arms.
3. Lean forward to shift the weight into the arms while contracting the abdominal muscle, flex the ankles and spread the toes.
4. Keep the chest open by drawing the neck forward and gaze softly and steadily at the ground a few feet forward.
5. Hold the pose for 3 - 5 steady breaths before switching side.
6. Option: stretch the top leg forward and bottom leg backward to transition into Ekapada Koundinyasana I.